Friday, October 19, 2007

Real World, Here I Come

First, a brief explanation for my absence... Well, couldn't get onto my wireless network, computer got a virus, paid a lot of money to get files backed up and then my hard drive wiped out and reconfigured. I bought a desktop computer and it came a few days ago. Still couldn't get on the wireless network. So, I bought a new router and now we are up and running.

This is officially my last completely free weekend. I start my new job on Monday. Yes, I finally got my license. I am still waiting on my DEA number and have to get approval from all of the insurances to be a provider. Until then I will have to be wherever the boss is and if she doesn't work, I don't work. And there will be ALOT of driving (40 miles to the beach, 20 miles to the second office, 20 miles back to the beach and 40 miles home EVERY DAY). But, on the bright side I will no longer be broke. And, God willing, this house will sell soon and cut out about 40 miles of that driving. And as soon as I get approved by the insurance providers (I hope that I don't have any issues with that) I will be primarily in one office and hope to live right down the street. I am excited to start working, but a little nervous. In my spare time (ha) I will be studying for the Pediatric Boards, which I will have to take next October.

Last weekend Katelyn and I went to Williamsburg (VA) to visit my sister and her family. It was wonderful, except for Katelyn tripping over a hula hoop at Shawn's dance studio and getting a fat lip (poor baby is a klutz just like her momma). Perfect fall weather (in the evenings, at least) with some leaves changing. We almost met Rachel, Brian, Lily, Jess T, Syndey and Marc as they were at Pumkinville at the same time we were... Unfortunately, I got a glimpse of them right as they were walking to their car and we were on the hayride. I guess it just wasn't meant to be (at least not yet). We also went to Newtown where Katelyn had a "cheeze bugga" and got to play in the fountain. We went to the outlet mall and got Katelyn two pairs of shoes... a pair of patent leather dress shoes and a pair of sparkly tennis shoes (I think that Hannah would approve) from the Stride Rite outlet. I find myself wishing often that I lived there. I just don't have the nerve to move to another new city just yet. Maybe in a few years when I am not a brand new doc. I was sad to come home, but it was good to be in my own bed and have Katelyn in her crib instead of backing me into a corner while she takes over the rest of the bed. Although I do love snuggling with her. My only regret was that I forgot my camera. My sister took some pics, though, so I hope to have a few to add when she can email them to me.

Well, I best be getting to bed. Gotta rest up for Monday.

1 comment:

Angi said...

Congrats & best wishes on your new job! I can't wait to hear how it goes, I know you will be great & you'll love it. You've waited a long time & worked SO hard for this...and it is here, it is your time to SHINE :)