Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Praying that things are finally coming together

OK, so I almost have my license... check.
I have a job... check.
I have a daycare arranged for Katelyn... check, check

But, I still need an exact start date for work -- b/c I am broke (and I am not even exaggerating; I have about $10 in my checking account, a $20 in my wallet and maybe $70 in my savings so about $100 to last for the next month).

And, I really need this house to sell (which would also help the financial situation). I so want to be in my new place for the holidays. Christmas is going to be a little sad this year with just Katelyn and myself. It seems that my future employer decided to take the week off... despite the fact that I told said employer prior to signing the contract that I had my daughter this year and needed the holidays off every other year due to the divorce agreement. At least I could be in my new place with furniture in every room. And sleeping in my new bed, which I have purchased, but have not had delivered yet b/c I don't want to set it up only to move it.

I know there are a lot worse things... but my family is really important to me, and I was hoping to see them for the holidays since I didn't get to see them last year.

I am enjoying the time with Katelyn. She is such a precious girl. She is cuddly and sweet, so smart and funny. She brings me so much joy. She has been talking more and more. She is even trying to learn her numbers and colors. She says "red" (and it often means red), she also said "purple" once (appropriately), but not consistent yet. She points out a few letters and says some numbers in order. Yesterday we were at dinner b/c of the rain ("oh no, rain... uh oh" as Katelyn says whenever it rains) and she kept saying "food... eat... food" until the waitress brought her meal out ahead of mine; it was pretty funny. Then we had to run to the car in the rain and despite an umbrella I got soaked. So Katelyn kept saying "mama... wet." She didn't mind the rain too much though b/c it bought her some time playing at the bookstore with the choo choo trains (the Thomas set) while we waited to see if the rain would die down (it never did). My Christmas list just keeps getting longer.

And, I am starting to learn how to live in the moment a little more and not worry so much. Even though I have worried some, I am surprisingly relaxed about everything. I have faith that things will come together. But it will be in God's time... not mine. But prayers are appreciated.

Now I had better get to bed. Goodnight and sweet dreams. May your worries be lessened overnight.

1 comment:

Angi said...

I am very happy for you, you sound MUCH more relaxed than when we last talked.

I pray that you two will have a WONDERFUL Christmas together, I know it will be, no matter what :)