Wednesday, October 24, 2007

A Real Doctor

OK, so I have only been working for three days, but I am starting to feel like a "real" doctor. I have a license, a DEA number (so I can write prescriptions), and I am working on getting approved by all of our practices insurance companies and getting hospital privileges so I can see newborns at the hospital. And, I feel torn between my responsibilities to my patients and my daughter. I have stayed later than planned every day. Luckily this week my friend watched Katelyn. However, next week she starts daycare and I am really nervous about being late to pick her up. I can't afford to pay $1 per minute if I am late. And it seems ridiculous that I would be late (past 6:30), but it is getting to be fall and soon winter and that means colds, flu, gastroenteritis, RSV... and on and on. It is seriously giving me palpitations thinking about it. I am already missing spending time with her. I went from all day every day to about 15-30 minutes in the morning and an hour at night. At least I got off early today (and will every Wednesday) and I can spend most of the weekend with her even if I am on call.

Katelyn has continued to learn many new words each day. Today she went with her friend Reagan and her mom to the zoo. This morning monkeys were "EEE EEE's" and this afternoon they were "monkeys," lions were "rahhhr" and now the are "li-ons." It is actually a little sad :( It is cute that she has started calling herself "Katin." I am still waiting for "I love you," but she does say "too" or "you too" when you tell her I love you. Probably because she has heard us on the phone say so many times "I love you, too."

Well, tomorrow I have a lot of errands to run. I have some birthday presents to buy for 2 babies I know are turning one. I have a bunch of paperwork to fill out for work. I have to look at the papers for the child support revision (since Katelyn is starting daycare and I am now making more money than my ex). I had better get to bed.

1 comment:

Angi said...

Oh yeah, Dr.Judi :)
I love it!!