Monday, September 3, 2007

My simple pleasures...

So, my goal was to post daily... guess I sorta failed at that. In my defense, I did write one post after the last one, but I decided that it was too negative. My life goal has been to be more optimistic and focus on the positives, so I saved the draft and then didn't post. It was therapeutic, though.

Any who. I needed a post related to my title. Since I am now single again I have begun dating (though not frequently). While getting to know one of the "eligible bachelors" (I swear dating is like a job interview at this age), we emailed some questions back and forth. One question that really got me thinking was "what are your simple pleasures (kids don't count because they are not simple)?" It took only a moment for me to start listing... but I soon realized that it was all of these simple pleasures that make life worth living. Waking up next to someone you love, a good cup of coffee, a sunrise, the sand between my toes at the beach, walking on the beach holding hands, hearing the waves crash into shore, a first kiss, followed by a second/third/fourth (you get the idea), a good hug, getting whistled at (OK, so it should be insulting, but admit that it makes you feel just a little good), still getting carded for alcohol, chocolate, fresh baked cookies, having someone say "I love you," feeling appreciated, clean laundry smell, making love, laying in bed listening to a rainstorm, cuddling, snuggling up under a blanket with a good book, looking at the stars, laying in a hammock, a good lipstick, sexy lingerie under your work clothes, pasta, a good laugh, talking to my best friend(s) on the phone, going to dinner with a friend, late night talks with my mom, laying in bed with my daughter reading her stories, the way kids mispronounce words, watching kids play, swinging, lounging by the pool, a walk in the woods, feeding the ducks, getting real mail, listening to music, the smell of popcorn, the way you feel after a good work out, freshly shaven legs, getting your hair washed at the salon, a massage, singing out loud, a bubble bath (especially by candle light with music in the background), wrapping up in a towel just out of the dryer in the winter, a clean house... and so many more.

What are your simple pleasures? Think about it, I would love to hear from people.
My two favorite girls -- my daughter and my mom (aka Nana)


No comments: