Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I read my friend Angi's blog and feel bad that I am not so creative. But, I am Irish. My child did wear green today to the baby-sitter's house. But there was no green breakfast and due to the small size of our family these days, no corned beef and cabbage. I wish I lived closer to the beach to go to the Irish Pub. I am not a big drinker, but I do love a good Irish Pub.

I feel like I am not so good at Holidays this year. Probably b/c to me Holidays are all about family, and while my daughter is the best thing to ever happen to me, two people just doesn't feel like a family. The holidays, no matter how small, seem to magnify the fact that I am "single" these days. Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a pity party.

I will leave you with a few Irish Blessings:

(1)
May you have warm words on a cold evening,
A full moon on a dark night,
And the road downhill all the way to your door.

(2)
As he brought new faith to Ireland so may he bring to you, a touch of Irish happiness in everything you do - and like the good Saint Patrick may your home and life be blessed with all God's special favors that make you happiest.

Good night and God Bless!

No comments: