Sunday, August 26, 2007

It's time to start loving Sundays

For too long now I have dreaded Sunday. The entire day was ruined for the simple fact that it was the day before Monday... which meant that another week of school, work, you name it. Even when I started working these crazy hours which included weekends and occasionally had days off during the week, I still dreaded Sunday. Strange that this is supposed to be the day of the week where you take the day off to reflect, go to church, spend time with family. My first mistake was getting out of the habit of going to church. Church used to be the place where I felt most at peace. In fact, it was the only place where I felt safe as a child. I didn't miss a Sunday through most of my first 18 years. Then when I went away to college I started going more on occasion. In medical school I made an attempt at going more regularly, but it was short lived. Then I got married, moved to a new state and started residency. I had my daughter and got her baptized. And still I didn't have a church. My husband was an "esperitismo" while I was Lutheran. It was difficult to find a place we could both go. Even after we divorced and my mom went to church every week I didn't go. As cheesy as it sounds I have heard God calling me back. Well, I realize that in order to start loving Sundays, I have to go back to my roots. That means I need to find a church for me and for Katelyn. A new start... that is what it is all about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Good to hear that you are working on finding a church home for you and Little Katelyn. That makes this Mom Happy. Love