Friday, December 5, 2008

L-O-V-E

As, I have (again) neglected my poor blog for some time (winter is crazy for a pediatrician), I need to catch up. So, my "mystery guy" is out in the open. His (soon to be ex) wife and my ex-husband are aware of our relationship. And, a few weeks ago I met his sons and they met my daughter. His oldest, Luke, is very sweet and seems to love Katelyn. His little one, Will, is a little more standoffish. I think he is mostly a little jealous of Katelyn... he is the baby and not used to anyone smaller getting attention. I can't get a read on how he feels about me. I am aware that I need to take it very slow with him and let him warm up to the idea. I am sure that it is in part the age and the fact that he was likely not as aware as Luke of the problems between his parents and at that age there is always a fantasy of one's parents reuniting. I, obviously, would be a roadblock to that happening. In theory I knew this... but in reality, it is a little difficult. But I hope that one day he sees the love that I share with his daddy and he lets me in a little.

And, yes... I said it. I am head over heels in love with this guy. True, we met a short time ago... but, I have not felt this way in a very long time. In fact, I thought that I had missed my opportunity to be with my soul mate. I hoped and believed that you could have more than one in a lifetime, but wondered if I would ever find it again. Well, I truly believe that I have. And, just as so many people have said, I found it when I wasn't really looking for it. I was online thinking that I would meet some people in this new town, go out to dinners and get to know the city... but on my first date after boards I just knew that it was so much more. It is scary and exciting all at the same time. I know that there will be many ups and downs... but I believe that my "happily ever after" starts today. And I can't stop smiling about it!

2 comments:

Gina said...

Good for you! And him!!! :)

Angi said...

so incredibly HAPPY for you :)