Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Illness and Ho Ho Ho

Finally, I am starting to feel better. I have been sick for over two weeks. I initially caught something from Katelyn while she was sick. I had a runny nose and cough, no big deal. Then, on Friday I started to feel worse. I developed a fever, chills, sore throat, swollen tonsils... I had not felt this bad in years. But today I think I may be turning the corner.

Unfortunately, Katelyn may be getting worse. She had finally stopped coughing, the nose was not running, her ear was not draining pus (oh yeah, that ear infection was BAD). But the day after she stopped her 17th day of antibiotics, she started coughing again. And this morning, just as I was pulling into the daycare, she coughed and THREW UP all over herself in the carseat. Poor baby. I had to carry her shirtless into the daycare b/c her extra clothes were in her cubby. She seems okay, off and on, but she coughs a lot when she lays down. I just hope her ears don't get infected again. I hate it when my baby is hurting. It breaks my heart.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a happier note, Katelyn seems to be getting really into Christmas this year. She loves driving around looking at Christmas lights... "Another one, lights!" And I taught her how to say "Ho Ho Ho, Merry Christmas!" although it comes out "Ho Ho, Christmas!" I have not taken her to see Santa, yet, but she has seen Santa decorations and we have been talking about how Santa is going to come and bring her some toys. We also talk about Jesus and his birthday. But yesterday when I quizzed her and said "Who is going to bring you presents on Christmas?" she answered "Snowman!" -- This couldn't possibly be because I have a ton of Snowman decorations and not near as many of Santa.

Here she is "Just looking, mama!"


I just hope we both feel better for the weekend, because we are going to Disney World with her Titi's to see Minnie and Mickey and all the pretty Christmas decorations -- maybe even see Santa.


No comments: