Sunday, February 1, 2009

Letter To My Baby Girl







Dearest Katelyn,




Tomorrow is your 3rd birthday. I remember like it was yesterday the anticipation I felt on the eve of your birth. I knew that February 2nd was the day because I was being induced for my blood pressure and because you were getting to be a big baby for my tummy. Little did any of us know that you were going to be as big as you were (8 pounds 10 ounces and 21.5 inches long). So, that night of the 1st I was nervous and excited and could hardly sleep a wink. I woke up early and called the hospital to be sure that they were ready for us, and they were, so we were on our way. It was a long day, but finally at 10:59 pm you were born. You were perfect. I was in awe of how beautiful you were, and I cried as I held you and thanked God that you were healthy. It was truly love at first sight. I was so happy to be your mommy. You, my love, are my wish come true!




I hope that you remember all the special moments that we share... our "nosey kisses," your bedtime routine of snuggling in bed every night as I read to you and sing lullabies, taking bubble baths together, playing dress up, having tea parties and picnics in the backyard, trips to the park, the perfect day we had at the beach, our trips to the zoo and the museum, playing with your snap-n-dolls and coloring with markers, cooking in your kitchen and playing with mister Potato Head and all the other simple pleasures. I hope that someday you know that I worked hard for us and that you don't resent me for it. And I hope you know that there isn't a moment in my life that I don't wish I could be spending with you.




I love you when you are happy and especially love the way you giggle which just captures your personality. I love you when you are grumpy... you are just so expressive and sometimes I just want to laugh, but I want you to know that I respect your right to be grumpy. I even love you when you are throwing a fit, although I must say that it can be exhausting... but I know that it is your way of coming into your own as a little girl. I love you when you are silly, like when you dance around the house without any clothes singing, "naked, naked, naked!" You just bring so much joy to my life. I cannot imagine my life without you.




I am sorry that your daddy and I don't live together anymore, but I want you to know that you were wanted, that we were in love once and I will always love your daddy... mostly because he gave me the greatest gift... you!



Happy Birthday, Baby girl!!


All my love,


Mommy





No comments: