Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sigh of Relief

So, I am trying to re-start my blogging and hope to be better at keeping up with it. I took my Peds boards yesterday. The test was SOOO hard. I realized that all the parents magazines recommend that parents be sure that their pediatrician is board certified. However, they don't realize that the exam that must be passed is ridiculous -- each question is an entire paragraph of information, but not the entire history you would actually elicit if it were a real patient... then just when you say "I know what this kid has and you treat it with _____" they ask, "If they are allergic to (insert almost every antibiotic known to man," what would you give them? Truth is you would look it up in a little book called the Sanford Guide. There were 300+ questions, many of which were like that. Hopefully I passed. But it is frustrating.

In the past month I have moved from Florida to Ohio. I started a new job, which is so far going fairly well, although I am working a little more than I was told I would. Hopefully someone else will be starting the practice soon, which is what was supposed to happen, but the other person fell through. I am keeping the faith.

I lived with a colleague for a few weeks, but I have moved into my new apartment and things are starting to come together slowly but surely. I am a neat freak who generally can't stand the fact that I have boxes sitting around, but I am trying to just go with the flow. Katelyn lived with Nana for a few weeks and saw her daddy on the weekends, but we are together again.

We are starting over. A new life... a colder life in the winter, but we'll survive. I did go shopping today to buy some new clothes to stay warm. And they are cute:) I have also gotten Katelyn a bunch of cute new clothes for the cooler weather. And funny enough, she seems to love the cooler weather. She used to cry at the park to go home b/c " it is too hot, mommy!" But now I have to beg her to go home b/c I am freezing...

No comments: