Friday, October 31, 2008

A day at the Museum

This morning Katelyn, Nana and I headed to COSI... it is a science museum in our new hometown. There was a visiting exhibit called "Sesame Street Presents The Body." The little one LOVED it! The funniest exhibit was where they explained how food is consumed, digested and then comes out as ... poo (and yes, they called it poo). Katelyn didn't say anything about it at the time, but while going to the bathroom before dinner she said "Nana, did you see the BIG Poop at the museum?" I about died laughing. There was also a "Hooper's store" where you could go shopping, help Herry monster get groceries by pointing a scanner at the correct food (think wedding registry) and you could build a burger/sandwich . There was an obstacle course... and much, much more. It was so cool! I think I went there once when I was a kid with school, but it was a long time ago. We then headed for the kid area, which was HUGE and before we could get to everything it was lunchtime (and time for a nap). We got a year long pass with the Sesame street exhibit (which cost extra) for $100 -- for ONE day, it would have cost $47.50 for the three of us. And, we got the "grandparent pass" which was two named adults (Nana and I) and all the grandchildren (which includes my Katelyn and my brother's two girls). If the five of us went alone, it would cost $82.50. So, all in all and EXCELLENT deal, even if the other girls only come once.

Then, for lunch, we ate at Panda Express (Katelyn's FAVORITE fast food -- Chinese). It was sooo good. And then home for a nap.

Then our day turned for the worse as the nap lasted only an hour (what?) and someone woke up on the wrong side of the crib. Speaking of cribs... she finally figured out how to crawl out. And as feared (the reason I had not moved her to her new "big girl bed") she has started doing this in the middle of the night and then won't always go back to sleep very easily (if at all). So, my child who slept until 8am is not getting up at 4 and then for good around 6:45 - 7:30 (AHHH!) I hope that this phase is short lived. I miss sleeping in the one day I can (Saturdays that I am not on call).

I did organize her toys and got them all put away in her closet (she has a walk in closet which is HUGE at our new apartment). It was a relief. Every box that gets emptied is a relief to me. I have to really get my room and bathroom organized and then tackle the rest of the boxes in the dining room. When a garage is available (I asked for one but they didn't have one open when I moved in), I can move my bike and the bike trailer as well as the boxes from her PB Kitchen (which I want to save as I do not intend to live in this apartment forever)... currently they are taking up the entire dining room along with a few boxes of kitchen stuff that will in no way fit in my tiny kitchen that resembles the one we had in my childhood home (you can reach both sides when you spread out your arms). But, I never have to mow (OK... pay someone to mow:) or weed (I did that myself and I HATE weeding) as long as I am here!

Well, I best be getting to bed (it is way late). But, hooray for me, two posts in one week! I didn't post yesterday b/c I was on a... date :) More on that later!

No comments: