Thursday, June 12, 2008

Two more days

I am going to see my baby again in two more days!!! I miss her so much. I can't wait until my vacation week -- I have worked constantly since October with a max of three days off in a row (and that was only once in December). We are going back to Ohio... I have two days of interviews (kinda sounds like work, right?), but I have three days off before and four days after to relax and spend time with my family. I hope the weather cooperates so we can do some fun things.

Today was a crazy day at work. I had all kinds of challenging patients today. And I feel like I am always running behind. It is sad b/c I don't want to run late, but I never want a patient to leave feeling like their concerns were not addressed. I am going to have to learn to do both (be faster AND still address concerns). I am working on it.

I know that Katelyn is having a great time with her daddy. She has been to the zoo, where she apparently fell in love with the rhino, gone swimming a lot, had a picnic at the park (her favorite) and tomorrow is going to see the fish at the aquarium. I wish that I was there experiencing those things with her. It is difficult not being a family of three. It isn't that I want to be with her father (Lord knows that would not be a good idea), but it is sad to see all of the other families together and having to split time with Katelyn. I did not have a baby expecting to have to be away from her for a single day... at least not because I have to be. I am really tired of being alone. I don't want to be with just anyone, but I want to really get out and date. And hopefully find my match. And be a family. I really hope to have more babies. Someday. But for now, I am learning to just be happy with my little girl. Two more days and we will be together again.

2 comments:

Angi said...

This is such a sweet post, and a sad one too...

I wish nothing but the best for you on all the things that your heart desires. You will find them, they will be yours. I know this.

Gina said...

I'm finally getting caught up on my blog stalking...errr, ummm, reading ;). How are things going for you? Are you relocated yet?